These are the youths that thunder at a playhouse
Act V, Scene 4
• Open to students in middle school and high school.
• Each group of students performs a scene from Shakespeare.
• The scene will be preceded by a spoken introduction.
• There are also Shakespeare-related activities for students.
• Each group receives feedback on its performance.
• This is a celebration, not a competition.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
As You Like It
• For students and teachers to realize that Shakespeare’s plays were meant to be performed.
• To engage students in the interpretation of complicated texts.
• To help satisfy the terms of the Common Core Standards.
• To have students learn about the conventions of acting and stagecraft.
• To have fun.
Bid the players make haste.
Act III, Scene 2